Tuesday, June 19, 2012

WHY NICKELODEON!? WHY!?

Note: Still in baby mode people, I’m trying my best. But I’m going to be posting everyday I’m off now when I have nothing to do but post, play WOW, and take care of my little Princess. So in the goodbye it will tell you from now on when I’ll be posting again so that way you don’t have to try and guess. Thanks for sticking with me guys, I really appreciate it and I’m hoping you’re enjoying what you’re reading.

Michael III

Anyway, putting aside the fact that Amon can totally walk through Bloodbending like it’s nothing but a spring Picnic, that Korra finally was able to make a connection with Aang—but it was pointless and a little too late due to the fact that Amon just took out Tarrlok like he was a piece of paper, the fact that if anything Aang taking away the bending of Yakone proves that the “light show” is no longer needed to be able to do that meaning Amon really can Energybend—I was still hoping it was some trick—being the only important piece of information, the image of Aang being twisted in ways no man—cartoon or not—should ever be twisted being stuck in our heads, forgetting Milo farting in the face of an Equalists, forgetting Lin losing her bending, and forgetting that Asami is a jealous mess; the only surprising and good thing that came out of the last two episodes of The Legend of Korra was the preview for the two hour season finale coming out on the 23 of June. All I have to say to that is seriously!? Already!?

Here’s the important question, how much do you truly know about The Legend of Korra and where it’s coming from? Alright, well I’m going to tell you, this information is going to be not cited because when I found out about Korra it was through Wikipedia and since the info I’m about to give you is gone because the show has changed you won’t be able to go look it up for yourself unless you’re a great researcher. But The Legend of Korra was originally supposed to be a mini series of only twelve episodes set to air this summer. As you can see, that has changed. The Legend of Korra is now a two season show with only twelve episodes the first season and fourteen for the second season; which obviously means that the writers came up with a freakin’ trippy cliff hanger ending for the show and Nickelodeon went, “Alright, give us another season. Don’t just end it like that.” So thank God for good writing. That’s right; I just thanked God for me because I’m a fantastic writer.

Anyway, off the ego trip, anyone else depressed about how the show is already going off!? I mean with The Last Airbender it went on forever and I loved sitting down in front of my TV on Friday nights with my sister and sometimes my mom and dad and watching Team Avatar get into some sticky situations and get out while also still continuing their quest to save the world. I’m loving The Legend of Korra because everyone who worked on the original show came back so the same brilliant minds behind the music, story, drawing, fighting, everything, are behind it all again. Not to mention the fact it was like riding a bike for them because the show is everything that the original was and even more.

The comedy is astounding, like that one girl says in the promo for the show, “Bolin makes me LOL” (Nickelodeon). The fight scenes are a marvelous wonder especially when it comes to Metalbending because no one really got to see what it could really do until now. They took into account that their fans are older and so they definitely made the show darker and if you haven’t gotten just how they do that, seriously, go watch Aang…get bent out of shape…I know that was horrible, I shouldn’t have done that.

Not to mention the story is different from the last one giving a more X-Men like feel to it while still retaining the marvelous wonder that captivated us with the first series while making connections such as Katara being alive, seeing our favorite characters not only older but still carrying their personalities like Toph calling a forty year old Aang “Twinkle Toes,” Aang doing the air scooter when he chased down Tarrlok’s father and etc…and if you guys read a lot of my post, I compare a lot of things to The X-Men and I’m sorry. Bear with me here, I’ll find another simile soon. The show has been great since the first episode and keeps building the awesome suspense and allows me to wonder. So why only give this show two very short seasons!? We all know we’re going to be wanting more and the producers of the show and the head honchoes at Nickelodeon should have known that too.

The show has been an instant hit since the first two episodes got leaked out on the internet. Wikipedia, in the show’s “Critical Reception” tab says “The show [Legend of Korra] has received critical acclaim from fans and critics.” It continues to explain that the show was getting near perfect scores such as 9 out of 10 of 4 out of 5 from a variety of critics (Wikipedia.com). Even that infomercial I explained earlier said, “It’s the show everyone is talking about” (Nickelodeon). It was so popular before the first episode actually aired on TV that the day it came out I was on Cartoon Network and they showed a commercial for its premiere, and I was like, “Wow, I wonder how much they had to pay to get that commercial on this channel. But that’s still cool.”

So my question is why only two seasons? Why on Saturday? And why in the morning? To me those are the biggest and only mistakes this show has made so far and it upsets me that it ends this week with the first season and the next season will be almost as short. Well in that case I’m going to keep this as short as possible: This show needs longer seasons, a third book, and come back to Friday nights at eight. You all know why because that’s what we’re used to and that is exactly what the next incarnation of Avatar deserves. If you agree start spreading the word before episode 25 and 26 are drawn and finished. I don’t want a tie up in Book Two I want another cliff hanger into the next season. Am I right!?

But I’ll leave you with this; until Thursday, According to Michael III, we need to make an uproar and is anyone else but me wondering what Book Two is going to be called since they have now gone through all the elements?

Michael III

No comments:

Post a Comment