Tuesday, May 1, 2012

'A Guy, A Girl, and A Podcast" Episode 15: Looking to the Future...of Movies! Recap

So before the next Podcast comes out this week, this is just a little recap on GGP from last week. Episode 15 “Looking to the Future…of Movies!” Emphasis on little because of the fact that it was the normal 30 min or so, BUT the topics were small because it was only a list of movies that are coming out the rest of this year. Oh, Brandon, I didn’t know what comes out on December 14 so you’ll have to kick me in the face…but now that you told me I am excited for it! But Brandon and Christina tackle a list they found that explains the movies that are coming out this year from the day they recorded the episode, April 23.

Movies mentioned are Leonardo’s The Great Gatsby, which I’m excited about because Leonardo is playing Gatsby; I loved the book, except the ending. Oh and Brandon, my mom did go to high school with DiCaprio, but not only that, but she saw him perform on stage for a talent show when he was a freshman. She thought he was fantastic, but because of stupid social orders in school, she didn’t talk to him because juniors don’t hang out with freshman. I’m so mad at that…I could actually know Leonardo if she had just talked to him. Sigh…

Other movies mentioned are of course the movies that bring on “geek orgasms” as the Guy and Girl call them, The Avengers and The Dark Knight—and I am seeing The Avengers this Friday, not at midnight like The Guy but hopefully still opening day so be on the lookout for my recap on that. Speaking of which, if you haven’t already heard, The Dark Knight will be showing its final trailer when you go see The Avengers. Wonder how much money D.C. paid to have Marvel allow that? Or vice versa…Marvel could have been trying to up the hype for The Avengers but it’s not like they needed since they keep showing clip after clip. I’m leaving those clips alone because I don’t want the movie to be spoiled. And vice versa for The Dark Knight, eh, in my opinion heroes got to stick together.

Disney’s Brave is mentioned, The Amazing Spider-Man, Ice Age 4, and many others are brought along for the crazy, frantic, relationship talking journey. They don’t go into full detail about the movies but they promise to do so as the due dates get closer…as do I my fellow bloggers and readers. So until the next GGP episode, According to Michael III, Brandon needs to admit he is a Disney Channel star fan or I’m putting him on blast next week and telling everyone who it is and how bad the love is! J Subscribe to them on iTunes and get new episodes for free when they come out. Or download the free Stitcher app and enjoy them there. Also follow them on Twitter @guygirlpodcast or on Facebook at “A Guy, A Girl, and A Podcast.”

Michael III

No comments:

Post a Comment